What is a spray tan?
A spray tan is not a real tan. There is no sun protection or UV exposure either. A spray tan’s color is a result of a DHA reaction on the top layer of your skin that takes anywhere from 3-12 hours to fully develop. DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) is a derivative of sugarcane and beets. When the DHA is applied to the skin it reacts with amino acids and creates a sunless glow.
Products used at Rockin Massage is by Aviva Labs a high-performance, hypoallergenic solution that have extra organic ingredients and guidelines which are:
- Doctor formulated
- Natural-looking and long lasting
- Even fading
- Only made with FDA approved Ingredients
- Composed of the highest quality, premium grade DHA
- Not tested on Animals
- Free of harsh dyes and chemicals
- Nut-free and allergen-free
- Always fresh and come with a 6-month shelf-life guarantee
- Formulated with long term health in mind
What is a Bronzer?
A temporary color, like makeup, that is included in the spray tan. This gives instant gratification and works as a guide for the practitioner applying the spray tan. The bronzer does not cause the lasting tan. The bronzer washes off in the first shower after the spray. The bronzer will not turn a person orange.
Keeping your perfect spray tan!
- Exfoliate your skin before your spray tan.
- Shave minimum 6 hours prior to your spray tan appointment.
- Do not wear anything on your skin before your spray tan. No deodorant, lotion, mineral oil, makeup, perfume etc.
- Wait the appropriate amount of time before showering (3-8 hours Rapid Tans) or (6-12 hours original spray tan).
- Moisturize daily after your spray tan. Use water based products not mineral oil based!!!!
- Do not rub or scrub your body in shower or with towel post shower. You want to pat yourself dry and air dry to ensure the life of the spray tan.
- Remember the life of the sunless spray tan is dictated by how the skin cells shed.
- Stay hydrated and moisturized!